Fair Processing Notice
How we use your information
Who we are:
Nationspaces Developments Limited (NDL) Company number SC 044033 having the registered office at Joyfields House, Douglas Avenue, Giffnock, Glasgow G46 6NX is a managing agent engaged in the provision of property services for Developments primarily in the South of England. As part of this role we manage a small amount of data for each resident within the developments we manage.
NDL needs to gather information to carry out its functions. Much of this data relates to individuals and can include Leaseholders, Freeholders, Landlords, Contractors, Employees and other individuals that NDL has a relationship with.
We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP) (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are Notified as a Data Controller under registration reference Z6611451 and we are the data controller of any personal details that are provided to us.
How we collect information and what information we hold
We collect information from Developers and Landlors and your legal representative when they notify us of the transfer of the property into your ownership; we may also collect information directly when you contact us by telephone or in writing or leave contact details on our website.
We collect the following information about you:
- Telephone Number
- Email address
- Bank details for payments by Debit card
We may also receive the above information about you from third parties such as your legal representative. Or in dealing with a complaint.
Why we need this information and how it will be used
We need your information and will use this information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to enable us to respond to your repair request;
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business; and
- to contact you for your views on our products and services and when we need to consult with Leaseholders in accordance with the Landlord and Tenant Act (as amended).
Sharing of your information
The information provided to Nationspaces Developments Limited will be processed only by our employees within the UK.
We may disclose this information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this Notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we are asked to carry out repair or maintenance work that requires access to your building or individual demise. Your information may be disclosed to our contractor.
- If we are maintaining/ updating or renewing our IT system your information may be disclosed to our IT provider.
- If we are investigating a complaint information may be disclosed to the relevant police or fire authority or local authority agency.
- If we are updating residency details your information may be disclosed to the freeholder, or relevant utility company or government agency.
- If we are investigating payments made or otherwise your information may be disclosed to payment processors.
- If we are obtaining legal advice or taking legal action
- If we are instructing debt recovery once the internal arrear process has been completed.
- If we are processing an insurance claim
- If the accountancy company require information to carry out an audit or certification of income or expenditure.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide us without your consent.
Transfers out of the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK.
The information we hold is protected and kept safe and secure within password protected systems. Your information will never be shared or sold to third parties unless outlined above.